Amy Hsiao is dedicated to community service as well as service to the profession. She aims to provide cost-effective legal assistance to those in need. Amy is a recipient of the Legal Aid Society of San Diego Pro Bono Honors award and has volunteered more than 1,500 hours of pro-bono legal services in the local community, which demonstrates her commitment to community service and professional excellence.
Amy volunteers her time in the following community organizations, either by providing pro bono legal service or by supporting their good cause:
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego, Conservatorship Clinic – providing free legal information to people facing conservatorship, e.g., people with dementia, cerebral palsy, down syndrome or in a vegetative state, who need another person to make medical or legal decisions for them.
- Access to Law Initiative – pro bono or low bono legal service to the community.
- WeChinese in America – free weekly legal information in local Chinese newspaper.
- San Diego Chinese Attorneys Association – free monthly legal clinic in Mandarin Chinese on a wide variety of issues regarding how to protect your family and assets.
- NICOS Chinese Health Coalition – provide information on resources on mental health issues and gambling problems in the Asian community.
- Rady’s Children Hospital Foundation – fundraise for medical research for children and help raise the awareness for children’s mental health issues
- Union of Pan Asian Communities (UPAC) – provide information on resources on mental health and addiction problems
- Hera Hub – provide support for women entrepreneurs
- Asian Business Association
- Taiwanese American Professionals
- Formosa Association of Public Affairs
- Pacific Arts Movement
Amy is a leader of several legal organizations and aims to promote integrity and professionalism in the industry. She also sits on the board of numerous non-profit organizations.
- President, San Diego Chinese Attorneys Association
- Board Member, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- Committee Chair, Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association Trust & Estate Section
- Member, North County Bar Association Trust & Estate Section
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member, WealthCounsel
- Member, EstatePlanning.com
- Member, Family Wealth Planning Institute
Click here to see media of past events.